Tuesday, January 29, 2008

underworld etc

the end of all things is past - the end of living in Bondi, the end of going to Wild Street Church, the end of MTS, the end of a long time with my flatmates and my friends of many years, the end of relative freedom, the end of love, the end of hanging out with people at UNSW with CBS.

and for all this, the uncertainty of 4(?) years at Moore Theological College in Newtown, going to church in Lindfield.

a myriad of changes. lots of opportunities to trust God.

but with not much else to do (except doing a full-time locum at Sydney Children's Hospital in Randwick), i've written a review of Living with the Underworld, by MTC lecturer Peter Bolt, for AFES's webzine, SALT. Check the mag out here, and my review is here!

i may post the whole article soon.

photo from matthias media

apologies for the self-promoting nature of this post.
but, c'mon, it is a blog, after all

6 comments:

Caroline said...

I haven't watched the sopranos before... so I'll make sure I don't read this book

Matty said...

St. Albans...Student Ministry I'm guessing?

My neck of the woods! I think I know a few people there...

Anonymous said...

I hope the end of all things doesn't include your blog.
In fact, I would think travelling time between Moore College and Lindfield will make even more time for you to post on your blogsite?!?
I vote for the blog to continue!!!

psychodougie said...

car-o-line - it may be just me. but i doubt it. i'm happy for someone to prove me wrong!

matty - student minister, not student ministry!

thanks anon. your insightful input over the last 18months or so continue to spur me on to blog always greater and more audaciously!

Anonymous said...

good work Dougie - glad to see you are c=keeping yourself busy and doing some writing!!

Praying that the start of all things like college and Lindfield etc goes well!!!

Anonymous said...

I liked the book - but then am a fan of Sopranos (and the gangster genre in general). I also have a peculiar (theological) interest in anything to do with death and the underworld.
Tony